How to Register for Workshops
- Workshops are open to both members and non-members.
of any general meeting, members may sign up for the next three
workshops and nonmembers may sign up for the next two workshops.
- You may register in person at the general meetings or by mailing a check to:
121 Commodore Drive,
Richmond, CA 94804
- For registration questions contact Workshop Coordinator, Arleen Kukua: EBHQWorkshops@gmail.com (email preferred) or (510) 237-1649
- You cannot sign up for only one day of a two-day workshop.
- Full Payment is due when you sign up and secures your place in the workshop.
- Write separate checks for each workshop and note the workshop in the memo line.
- Checks should be made payable to EBHQ.
- If your payment has not been received one week after you sign up, your place may be given to a person on the wait list who is paid in full.
- Checks for the workshop are not cashed until after the workshop takes place.
As of January, 2016, enrollment fees for workshops are: Members Nonmembers
one-day: $60 $75
two-day: $120 $150
Enrollment begins at the general meeting as outlined in the schedule below.
Workshop Sign-up Schedule:
|Month of Workshop
|| ||For Members
|| ||For Nonmembers|
|| || || |
|October|| ||June|| ||August |
|November*|| ||N/A|| ||N/A|
|December*|| ||N/A|| ||N/A|
* No workshops in July, November and December
Location of classes
Unless notified differently, workshops run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and are located at:
Albany United Methodist Church Map
980 Stannage Avenue
The church is on the corner of Marin and Stannage Avenue, two blocks from San Pablo Avenue. Entrance to the workshop room is on Stannage Ave., on right side of the building. Go through the wooden gate to the clear glass doors.
- Supply lists are available through the links in the workshop descriptions listed on the workshop schedule page.
- If you need a supply list mailed to you, please include a self addressed, stamped envelope with your registration.
- If you have any question about a listed supply, other participants may too, so please email the workshop chair.
- We have the following on-site, so you don't need to bring them, even if they appear on a supply list:
- irons and ironing boards
- design boards for all
- powerstrips and extension cords
- plastic covering for all the tables
- Workshops begin promptly at 9 am
- Workshop space is open by 8:30 am so that you can set up and be ready at the start of the workshop.
- Lunch and Refreshments: EBHQ provides coffee and tea at the workshop. There is a kitchen with refrigerator and microwave for storing and heating lunches. Typically, many enjoy eating at a communal table with the teacher when we break for lunch. There are several nearby restaurants for take out and there will be menus available at the workshop so you can choose and order ahead if you like.
- Workshops have gone green, so please bring your own cup, plate and any utensils you may need for lunch and breaks.
- Workshops end at 4 pm. Please note that there is no janitorial service for the workshop space, so everyone needs to clean up after themselves and time will be allocated as needed. Bringing a small bag that you can tape to the table can help keep the scraps under control and make clean up easier!