How to Help
Our members are extremely generous and WE COULDN'T DO IT WITHOUT YOU! Opportunities are available to all.
- Make a quilt top of your own design or use our pre-cut kits (available at Saturday work days or EBHQ monthly meetings). (see quilt size guidelines for quilt sizes and kit patterns)
- Help tie quilts at our Saturday work days (see below)
- Practice your machine quilting skills
- Sew on a binding or hand sew one down
- Cut our donated fabric into kits (kit patterns here)
- Finish a donated "UFO" (unfinished object)
- Donate fabric - 1/4 yard or larger - 100% cotton only (see donation guidelines)
- Donate large pieces of batting and sewing notions
- Deliver quilts (once or twice a month we need help delivering to local hospitals and shelters). Contact Susan Dague at EBHQ.DDCQP@gmail.com
- Volunteer your time with another local quilt making group.
DDCQP work days are held in conjunction with the guild's second Tuesday or third Saturday drop-in work days. (Check the calendar
as in some months the dates may change) New volunteers are always warmly welcomed and encouraged to join in this activity. Just bring your helping hands and willing hearts. Supplies are provided. We even make pre-cut kits for you to take home to sew together.
DDCQP work days meet at 980 Stannage Ave., Albany, CA from 9am to 3pm.