VOICES IN CLOTH 2012
Voices in Cloth 2012 was a diverse presentation that honored traditional and
contemporary quilting, garments, quilts made by children, and a special
exhibit Voices of Our Ancestors. One long wall showcased quilts
and pieces inspired by EBHQ workshops. Other attractions included a
Silent Auction, exciting vendors, two beautiful raffle quilts, door
prizes, and demonstrations, including traditional bed turnings by the
San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles. The March 17 & 18 event was
held for the first time in the fabulous Craneway Building on the
Richmond Waterfront, much to the delight of all.
Click here and then hover over Gallery to make a selection from a list of wonderful slide collections from the show.
A note from our Quilt Show Co-Chairs
Voices in Cloth 2012 was an extraordinary quilt show and a huge success!!
- 1,930 people attended Saturday
- Many of Saturday’s guests returned for second visit on Sunday
- More than 1,700 new attendees Sunday
- Attendance for weekend significantly higher than recent shows
- Comments from members, vendors, friends, friends of friends, and general public were enthusiastically positive
- Thank you all, from the bottom of our hearts, for making that happen.
Jennie Alexich and Diana Berry, VIC 2012 Co-Chairs
Our quilts sparkled in the Craneway's natural light