Quilts: Submit entry & volunteer forms online or mail the forms to Mary Gilkerson, P.O. Box 6665, Albany, CA 94706. For online entries you must still send/deliver photo & swatches.
2. Your quilt or wearable must be a new work completed between March, 2012 and January 27, 2014.
3. Two quilts and two wearables may be entered for consideration. One quilt & one wearable will be accepted from each member. If space allows, a second item MAY be selected. If you submit more than one quilt or wearable, fill in a form for each entry and note your 1st & 2nd choice for each category.
4. By submitting your entry, you give permission for your name to be used and your entry to be photographed, videotaped, displayed on a Web site, or used in any publicity deemed appropriate by EBHQ or its representatives.
5. A minimum of 4 hours of volunteer time is expected of you if you display a work in this show.
6. You must read & sign the Insurance Waiver and Assumption of Loss Release on each entry form.
7. Quilt Size: Maximum width is 108”; if your quilt is longer than 92” it will be pinned up.
8. All quilts must have a 4” sleeve securely sewn to the back of the quilt, one inch below the top edge of the quilt.
9. Each entry must also have a full sheet of paper with your name and the quilt’s name. Attach a properly oriented 4” X 6” photo on photo paper that shows the true colors of your quilt. Include a 2nd photo if your quilt is for sale. Both photos must have your name, your quilt’s name, and “Top” on the back.
10. Attach 2-3 small swatches (2” square) of the dominant fabrics in the quilt to the same sheet of paper.
11. If you cannot deliver your quilt in person, ship it in a reusable container to Nancy Bardach, 815 Oxford Street, Berkeley, CA 94707. Your quilt must arrive by Friday, March 14. If you want your quilt shipped back to you, include a prepaid return shipping label from UPS with your quilt.
12. Wearables should be sent as a complete ensemble to properly dress the mannequin. For example, if you are submitting a vest, also include a blouse and skirt or pants (skirt preferred), to complete the outfit. Do NOT send shoes, gloves, or hats.
13. Each entry must also have a full sheet of paper with your name & the wearable’s name. Attach a properly oriented 4” X 6” photo on photo paper that shows the true colors of your wearable. Include a 2nd photo if your wearable is for sale. Both photos must have your name and your wearable’s name.
14. Attach 2-3 small swatches (2” square) of the main fabrics in the wearable to the same sheet of paper.
15. Wearables cannot be shipped. They must be dropped off and picked up in person.
January 27, 2014 Deadline to submit entry form(s), photos, and fabric swatches at General Meeting. Deadline to submit online entries.
February 24, 2014 Quilt/wearable acceptance letters mailed with instructions for delivery/pickup
March 15, 2014 Quilts and wearables delivered to home of Deanna Davis, 210 Crocker Avenue, Piedmont, CA between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Quilts shipped
must arrive by this date. We cannot accept delivery of quilts/wearables after this date.
March 22-23, 2014 Voices in Cloth 2014 quilt show at Craneway Pavilion, Richmond, CA
March 23, 2014 Pick up quilts/wearables at 5:30 p.m. at Craneway Pavilion, Richmond, CA
March 24, 2014 Pick up remaining quilts/wearables at Deanna Davis’ house from 10 am to 6 pm