Saturday, September 24, 2016 - Chicken Challenge
Inspired by the charming chickens and roosters (and turkeys and ducks) created by Ruth McDowell , Ann provides several patterns from which students may choose to create a chicken wall hanging. In Chicken Challenge, students will learn how to prepare a freezer paper template and then begin the process of selecting fabrics for their design. Ann also discusses sewing methods and sewing order to guide completion of students’ poultry wall-hangings.
Monday, September 26, 2016 - Flowers of the Gorge
Based on the design and piecing techniques of Ruth McDowell, these floral designs take traditional patchwork a step further through the use of unexpected fabric choices. Join Ann in celebrating the beauty of flowers. Students will learn the basics of Ruth’s piecing techniques and her fascinating use of fabrics.
The required skill level of participants for both workshops is Confident Beginner to Advanced.
EBHQ members: Have you won an award? Do you have a quilt in a show? Email us so that we can feature your accomplishments here.
Member Mirka Knaster will be showing pieces at the following venues this year:
- ART BY THE SEA, the 6th Annual Sea Ranch Tour, The Sea Ranch, CA, open studio during Labor Day weekend, September 3 - 5, 10am - 5pm. http://thesearancharttour.com/
- WE ARE THE BRIDGE. The Osher Marin JCC, 200 North San Pedro Rd. San Rafael, CA 94903. September 18 - December 31. Reception: Sunday, September 18, 1 - 3pm.
- STRATA: New Works from SAQA. Metro Gallery, Reno City Hall, 1 E. First St., Reno, NV 89505.September 19 - November 4. Reception: TBD
Member Roxanne Schwartz has art quilts in several current or upcoming juried exhibits. Here is a partial list...
- Water Is Life: Clean Water and Its Impact on the Lives of Women and Girls Around the World” – Quilt For Change and U.S. Embassy: Scuderie Aldobrandini, Frascati (Rome), Italy. Sep 3-9, 2016
- Strata” – SAQA Northern California/Nevada Regional Exhibit:Reno City Hall, Reno, NV. Sep 9-Nov 4, 2016
Ellen Wong is part of a group exhibition, Color Improvisations II, curated by Nancy Crow and featuring 50 works by 43 artists. The show runs from March 12 to August 28, 2016 at the Tuch + Technik Textilmuseum in Neumünster, Germany. This exhibition will tour Europe through 2017 and may continue into the United States afterwards. See her piece, Terra Verde, and read more about it on her blog. Also, Vernal Vortex by Ellen Wong has been juried into Breakout: Quilt Visions 2016. This exhibition run from October 15, 2016 to January 8, 2017 at Visions Art Museum in San Diego. More on her blog.
Did you know....?
In the last year over 1000 of our
quilts have been distributed to children,teens, and others in need of comfort. Many thanks to everyone involved in these
efforts! For more information on EBHQ's Deanna Davis Community Quilt Project, click