August, 2016: Jan Soules (no website)
Saturday, August 27, 2016 - Kaleidoscope Quilt (or Modified Spider)
Would you like to make a bright colorful quilt to give to a favorite friend or to add a sparkle to your décor? This is the easy quilt for you. We will be making large, colorful blocks from strip sets. You will learn how to make a template. There is no matching of seams required, so you can be free to create your work of art. Each quilt will be unique and a treasure. Guaranteed!!
Monday, August 29, 2016 - Bias Strip Curved Piecing & Art Quilt Facings
Learn how to make a template to create large colorful blocks from strip sets. Absolutely no curved piecing! We will work on a foundation. This is a wonderful chance to play with your fabric and create a unique piece. No two quilts will be alike. In addition, she will cover how to make a facing for your new work of art. Join us for a fun relaxing way to quilt.
EBHQ members: Have you won an award? Do you have a quilt in a show? Email us so that we can feature your accomplishments here.
Member Mirka Knaster will be showing pieces at the following venues this year:
- ART BY THE SEA, the 6th Annual Sea Ranch Tour, The Sea Ranch, CA, open studio during Labor Day weekend, September 3 - 5, 10am - 5pm. http://thesearancharttour.com/
- WE ARE THE BRIDGE. The Osher Marin JCC, 200 North San Pedro Rd. San Rafael, CA 94903. September 18 - December 31. Reception: Sunday, September 18, 1 - 3pm.
- STRATA: New Works from SAQA. Metro Gallery, Reno City Hall, 1 E. First St., Reno, NV 89505.September 19 - November 4. Reception: TBD
Member Roxanne Schwartz has art quilts in several current or upcoming juried exhibits. Here is a partial list...
- Water Is Life: Clean Water and Its Impact on the Lives of Women and Girls Around the World” – Quilt For Change and U.S. Embassy: Scuderie Aldobrandini, Frascati (Rome), Italy. Sep 3-9, 2016
- Strata” – SAQA Northern California/Nevada Regional Exhibit:Reno City Hall, Reno, NV. Sep 9-Nov 4, 2016
Ellen Wong is part of a group exhibition, Color Improvisations II, curated by Nancy Crow and featuring 50 works by 43 artists. The show runs from March 12 to August 28, 2016 at the Tuch + Technik Textilmuseum in Neumünster, Germany. This exhibition will tour Europe through 2017 and may continue into the United States afterwards. See her piece, Terra Verde, and read more about it on her blog. Also, Vernal Vortex by Ellen Wong has been juried into Breakout: Quilt Visions 2016. This exhibition run from October 15, 2016 to January 8, 2017 at Visions Art Museum in San Diego. More on her blog.
Did you know....?
In the last year over 1000 of our
quilts have been distributed to children,teens, and others in need of comfort. Many thanks to everyone involved in these
efforts! For more information on EBHQ's Deanna Davis Community Quilt Project, click